Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: How Long, How Old

  1. #41
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    xliberty and 2 drinks.....without the new school, there would be no old school. to the rest of you im pretty impressed to find that most of you all are in your 30's. glad im not the only one.

    steve

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 30, 2004 02:20 AM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

  2. #42
    Inactive Member RamblinGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Christina here, almost 34.....SD-er since about age 12. Too many stories, too many memories, too many concerts/gigs. Favorites that stand out are when they've played on my birthday. I mean come on, having Mike sing "happy birthday" to you is PHENOMENAL!!! YIPPEEEE!!!

    Been away for a while.... *waves at Erica blows a smooch*....just been REAL busy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    New album kicks butt, BUT it could have been better. So far a standout is "Winners and Losers"...I can relate to it's lyrical content.


    ~C [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member SocialFCKIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im 31 and im a alcoholic,OPPS wrong forum..lol
    i been listening to SD for about 15 years ,i was hanging out with a new friend in the mall and he made me a tape with SD on it i was instantly hooked,back in the day when cockrock was IN. bands such Poison ,cinderella,white lion,i still thank him everytime i see him for giving me that tape...

  4. #44
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    Post

    I am 37. 1st started listening to SD in 1982 on a family trip to LA. SOMEONE GOT THEIR HEAD KICKED IN" VARIOUS ARTISTS - Mass Hysteria. Got "POSH HITS VOLUME 1 - GOD BLESS AMERICA" LP, then Mommy's Little Monster LP, etc. Still have the original LP's. My brother got my MLM copy signed years back by Mike & Dennis @ a show in Austin. I have seen 3 shows. 1990, 1992, & 2 days ago. Thank God SD has been a part of my life for 22 years.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member sickboy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another first poster here, long time lurker. Sorry to use the "sickboy" nickname again, but this has been my nick on other hostboard forums, and all the guitar forums I post on.....so I'll stick with it!

    Anyway, I'm 29, and been a listener for about 10 years. First got into them with the self titled album and "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell" (which is my fav). I'm definatly a hard core fan. The band got me through one of the hardest times in my life a few years ago(relationship related), and have never looked back. Got a skellie tat in the ink collection. I know just about every single guitar lick, etc. In my guitar amp collection, I have a few P-90 LPs, a couple Fender Bassman heads (one of which is modded by Billy Zoom...Mike's amp tech and guitar player of X ....to Mike's exact specs of his amps), Marshalls, Marshall cabs, etc. I'm pretty obsessed with Mike as a guitar player and his tone. Have a decent sized boot cd and vid collection too.

    Anyway, seen em 5 times, and looking foward to the 6th with my girl (her first time) on 30 Oct here in Chicago! Killer every time I've seen em! By far my fav band. Love the new album. One of their best, IMO. Looking foward to contributing to the board!

    Scott

  6. #46
    Inactive Member xLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 15, I've been listening to Social D for like 4 years, and I've seen them 3 times..

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 30, 2004 12:33 AM: Message edited by: xLiberty ]</font>

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Lefty Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Erica S:
    I was really surprised to see that the punk bars back on the east coast do not carry much Cali Punk.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Don't know why, but that's how it was for me growing up. Of course, I have since discovered all the Cali bands, just not during my "formative" teen years.

    Oh yeah and most of the people I talked to were not going to the Social D show in New York, because they thought the admission price was too high. I'm sure it'll sell out if it hasn't already. I mean c'mon, its New York City, the place is overpopulated.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">The first show is sold out, and they have added a second. The price is a bit high at $30. Luckily having Tiger Army on the bill makes up for it. I believe that last shows YEARS ago were $20-$25.

    Some people have mentioned that difference between the young and new. I remember seeing SD on the Warped tour back in '97-98 and I was amazed about how INSANE the pit was. No young'uns in there, but the seasoned "pros". Good show.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member RENODIVORCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cbojanower:

    I first heard Social D at a house party in Orange County in 82.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">HAHA! You old goat, I was prolly at that party also.
    I'm 39 and from OC. First saw them 81-82 ish at a party in Fullerton, near the high school somewhere.( everything is still foggy from back then if ya know what I mean ).The Cukoos nest of course and Fenders and Jezabels.Do you Remember The Receda Country Club? Shows at the Olympic Auditorium? Hell we might have even thrown blows back then heh heh. Great to see you OC originals still around ( Sean 13 Ducks, you da man ).
    Damn, We should all have a Reunion BBQ or something, Bring the kids, tell stories, laugh at each others wrinkles ect..
    I know that some of the bands are still going besides SD ( TSOL,DI, The Dickeys,Agent Orange, Angry Samoans,Adolescents,CH3,...ok...a bunch more)
    And I hear that Shattered Faith is about to or is going again? son-of-a...
    And they said it was a phase...pftt.
    So anyways, Great post.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member xLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by wolfpits:
    xliberty and 2 drinks.....without the new school, there would be no old school. to the rest of you im pretty impressed to find that most of you all are in your 30's. glad im not the only one.

    steve

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ September 30, 2004 02:20 AM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member RamblinGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RENODIVORCE:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by cbojanower:

    I first heard Social D at a house party in Orange County in 82.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">HAHA! You old goat, I was prolly at that party also.
    I'm 39 and from OC. First saw them 81-82 ish at a party in Fullerton, near the high school somewhere.( everything is still foggy from back then if ya know what I mean ).The Cukoos nest of course and Fenders and Jezabels.Do you Remember The Receda Country Club? Shows at the Olympic Auditorium? Hell we might have even thrown blows back then heh heh. Great to see you OC originals still around ( Sean 13 Ducks, you da man ).
    Damn, We should all have a Reunion BBQ or something, Bring the kids, tell stories, laugh at each others wrinkles ect..
    I know that some of the bands are still going besides SD ( TSOL,DI, The Dickeys,Agent Orange, Angry Samoans,Adolescents,CH3,...ok...a bunch more)
    And I hear that Shattered Faith is about to or is going again? son-of-a...
    And they said it was a phase...pftt.
    So anyways, Great post.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It was probably at my Aunt Darla's house (in Yorba Linda) cause they played her place loads of times but I just didn't realize who they were cause I was ppffssht 11 at the time, then over the next year I realized. Her then boyfriend was a major punk rocker who was really into them and all the other OC bands of the day. All I really cared about back then was drugs and drinkin'.


    aaah yes sweet Carrot, the Country Club of Reseda...good times baby goooood times. I have a recording of their gig there back in '90. That place was a fucking hellhole. AND Jezebel's....holy shit...Fender's and Cuckoo's...I was just a wee sprout HAHHAAA!! and don't forget Bogart's, the Studio or Club 369. Dragonfly was my favorite though. Things change, man, in a blink. Well I just hafta heavy sigh. I'm glad I still have my Doll Hut.

    Damn I'm old.


    ~C

    P.S. was listening to the new rocord on the way home tonight, gave it a few days rest and fucking hell if Footprints didn't make me cry. *CRAP* My opinion about the change in lyrics with Angel's Wings is mixed. I'm just glad I have the original version.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 02:00 AM: Message edited by: RamblinGal ]</font>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •